Langsung ke konten utama

We Make Our Own Business!

Hello again, guys! It's been a long time since we quarantined by the government because of the global pandemic. I'm very sad because we, as a student, never allow studying in our school because of the pandemic. But, let's pray for our earth to recover as soon as possible.

Now, I wanna finish my English Task. I decide to make a dialogue that contains offers and suggestions, and also I will take a career as the theme. So, I hope you all guys enjoy and read it till the end.


Jane's Career




One day, when Jane's high school held a reunion, the reunion held in the hotel in the center of the city. She came and met her old friends. The event lasts for 4 hours and ends at 9 pm. After the event ends, Jane asked her old best friend, Clarin, to had a personal conversation at the coffee shop in front of the hotel. They started the conversation while the coffee was made.
Clarin: It's been a long time since we meet, I always miss my old best friends. I'm very grateful that I can meet you at this event. After a long time, we lost contact, I don't know how to text you, I feel very empty.
Jane: Me too. When I go to bed before I sleep, I always thinking about our high school memories because I want that back, time stop for a while, so I can enjoy every second that I spend in our school. But, time never sleeps, life must go on. And I'm very sorry we never have a conversation by phone because my last phone was gone.
Clarin: No, it's okay. By the way, when you graduated from your college? I was graduate last year, not get the best score, but I think that is enough for me.
Jane: I was graduated last year, too. I got a cumlaude, and that made me immediately got an invitation to a construction company as a project manager. My family was very happy and held a mini-party in our house for that.
Clarin: Woah! Congratulation! I'm so proud of you and proud to be your best friend because I know, you always working hard to reach your dream.
Jane: Thank you! But honestly, I never know what is freedom after I work in that company. I always work under pressure. I always demanded to do everything perfectly.
Clarin: Huh? Is that true? How can they limit the creativity of someone who is such a genius? How they treat you?
Jane: I'm serious, I'm not lying. They never allow me to express my opinion. They never even appreciated what I thought. They just want me to work the way they want, without hearing the thoughts of others. 
Clarin: Poor you. Have you ever thought about finding another job? I think you better end your contract in that company, success does not come from what position you are, but they come if you can control yourself and find the happiness of your hard work. You deserve better.
Jane: Thank you so much, Clar! I want to resign from that company, but I don't wanna make my mom disappointed.
Clarin: Jane, do what you love and love what you do, that's it. I'm sure your mother will understand and do anything to make her daughter happy. Trust me.
Jane: I wish.
In the middle of their conversation, the waiter came to their table and served their coffee orders. One cup of hot cappuccino and also ice caramel macchiato was on the table. The smell was so good. The conversation continued after they gulp their coffee.
Jane: Oh, how about you? Where do you work now?
Clarin: I'm not working in any company. My dad asked me to manage his hotel before my sister married. He doesn't want my sister to leave the preparations for her marriage because of this hotel. 
Jane: Wow, a young lady like you already has a huge responsibility. I'm so proud of you.
Clarin: Haha, you don't need to compliment me. I just replace my sister's job for a while. By the way, if you don't mind, will you be the bridesmaid of my sister, please?
Jane: Sure. Anything for you.
Clarin: Jane, back to our conversation earlier, I hope you strong and can make yourself happy. I always support you, I always beside you.
Jane: Thank you, Clarin, I will make a decision as soon as possible. I want to build my own business in culinary, I want to work with happiness, what do you think?
Clarin: How do you know if I and my little brother in the progress of making a coffee shop? After my sister married, She will come back to the hotel. And my dad asks me to build a coffee shop in the hotel. Will you join us to make our own business? I think we'll be the best team.
Jane: Are you serious? Sure, I will. I already have some ideas for the concept of the coffee shop. I will present it to you and your brother soon. But I must finish my work first, that's important.
Clarin: It's ok, I understand. About your family, I will come to your home soon and discuss all of these plans to your mom and dad, slowly but surely, I'm sure, your mom and dad will permit you and support you anytime.
Jane: I hope so. Clarin, thank you for being the best friend in my life, even though we've lost each other, but God's plan is more beautiful.
Clarin: Yes Jane, you're most welcome! Let's prepare for our business, our career, and our life. I wish it would be a success plan.
Jane: I wish.
Clarin: Ok, Jane. I should go home, now. My dad is waiting for me, take care, and have a good night!
Jane: Ok, you too. Thank you for the something unexpected tonight. Don't forget to come to my home soon!
Clarin: I will not forget. I will text you soon. Bye-bye!
Jane: Bye!




Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Do you think social media is good for teens?

Social media is a platform that is accessible for everyone, especially for teenagers. They can communicate through social media such as Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and many more. Now, social media has become the favorite platform to access because it is very accessible. There are some impacts of social media for the user, both positive and negative impacts. The positive impacts from being socially connected is very important for the psychological development of teens, and in this day and age, the online environment is where they get a lot of this. By connecting with others through social media, teens could learn about new cultural and societal ideas and issues, develop better social skills by interacting with friends and feel less isolated, learn about world events and current affairs outside of their environment, and they can also have fun! Contrarily, social media if used wrong can be a tool to spread hate that can lead to cyberbullying. Other than that, teens are prone to be expos